Bilder hochladen
Werde Teil des ersten offiziellen Fanclubs
des MEC Halle 04

Vikings’ Kirk Cousins turned down $90 million from the Jets

in Fanclub Dölbau 08.11.2018 07:45
von huangjian123 | 355 Beiträge | 3550 Punkte

Signing Kirk Cousins was the gem in the diamond ring of the Minnesota Vikings signings this offseason. We know that Cousins signed for $84 million dollars guaranteed for three years Sheldon Richardson Jersey , but what we didn’t know is that the New York Jets were close to signing Cousins for $6 million more.In the miniseries NFL Life - Kirk Cousins: The Path to Minnesota, Cousins goes into detail about his decision-making process for choosing the Vikings. And it turns out for him, although he has an unreal deal, money wasn’t a deal breaker. “As much as the overall dollars are important in a contract, I think in my situation structure is as important if not more important. We want the money to be guaranteed.”Cousins’ agent Mike McCartney informs him of the $90 million dollar offer from the Jets and they discuss how they can use it as leverage for Minnesota. It was a good plan is the Vikings took the bait and gave Cousins an offer he couldn’t refuse. As to why he took a $6 million-dollar pay cut? “I feel good about going to the Vikings. Vikings are a great fit. He also goes onto to say that “The dream is to go to a place where we can win.”Knowing that he turned down more money to come to Minnesota because he feels it is a “great fit” is a great thing. That means he wants to be here and respects what is being built. He could’ve taken the deal with the Jets and played collect the check football. Instead he came here to lead a team that he feels can go all the way. Having that type of commitment from your quarterback are the things that champions are made of and we are ready for it.Tuesday Open Thread: September 18, 2018 Merry Tuesday, everyone!I’m guessing the kicker moves the team made yesterday helped soothe the sting of that missed kick on Sunday. I was glad the team made the move. Normally, you like to wait until after anger has subsided before making big decisions Authentic Matt Wile Jersey , but when a significant upgrade is available, and it doesn’t cost you a lot to cut the current guy, you make the move. It was the right move because a solution was available, and the team is fortunate that Dan Bailey, one of the league’s most accurate kickers, happened to be available. I’ll feel much better at the end of a game, if we need a kick to win it, and Bailey is out there rather than Carlson......or Walsh. Good move Youth Brett Jones Jersey , in my opinion.Around the DN since our last open thread:Ted shared the reports about Carlson being waived, and that the Vikings are going to sign Dan Bailey.The Vikings signed WR Aldrick Robinson, per Lucas Ailport.Jerry Jones was a guest on.......his own radio show (he’s lucky he was available) and gave some insight into why they released Bailey, per Skelly10.Eric points out five game-changing plays from Sunday. I’ll venture a guess that one of the plays is a missed 35-yard field goal, just a guess.Saxyprince posted Climbing the Podcast: Episode 109 [Instant Reactions: Week 2].Ted looks at the salary cap implications of two potential moves that many fans want to see happen (and then one of them did happen).The latest episode of Good Morning Gjallarhorn is up, go give it a listen.Chris looks at the reason behind this new rule on tackling quarterbacks.Ted was on the KFGO Morning Show in Fargo to talk some Vikings.Lucas Ailport picks the studs and duds from Sunday’s game.Vikings news from other sources and news from around the league:At Vikings.com, catch Coach Zimmer’s Monday presser, Adam Thielen thinks highly of Kirk Cousins’ leadership ability http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-tom-compton-jersey , and there’s plenty more to dig through in the media vault.The Bears defeated the Seahawks last night on Monday Night Football, per ESPN. Yes, you read that right.We come to today’s media selection:I’m not a huge fan of Adam Sandler, but this song seems fitting, so I’ll play it. Enjoy!Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:No discussion of politics or religionNo feeding of the trollsThis isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the doorKeep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags Rashod Hill Jersey , if you must)Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tagsNo pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employerIf you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go awayWhile navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasmWith that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the head cheese.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: xuezhiqian123
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 18 Gäste , gestern 579 Gäste online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7165 Themen und 42251 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 827 Benutzer (20.03.2012 22:15).

Besucht uns auch bei Facebook

Userfarben : Admin, Gäste, Foren Mitglieder, Moderatoren, FCD 2003 e.V.,
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor