Bilder hochladen
Werde Teil des ersten offiziellen Fanclubs
des MEC Halle 04

ive linemen widely given first-roun

in Fanclub Dölbau 13.09.2018 08:40
von huangjian123 | 276 Beiträge | 2760 Punkte

In their search for a franchise quarterback Nick Easton Jersey , the New York Jets will work out Wyoming’s Josh Allen in the next week and don’t plan to have a private session with Southern California’s Sam Darnold.

Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan said Monday at the NFL meetings that the organization has had ”quite a bit of exposure” to Darnold, and bringing in any player for a predraft workout is ”no big shocker.”

New York traded up from the sixth overall spot to No. 3. Unlike acting owner Christopher Johnson, who the previous day pretty much affirmed a quarterback would be the choice, Maccagnan wasn’t dropping any hints.

”We acted a little early on it,” Maccagnan said of the deal with Indianapolis that also cost the Jets three second-round picks. ”We felt good about our research, inquired with other teams … three is a position we’re comfortable being in. We feel very good about what may potentially be there at No. 3 and feel we can control our destiny.”

The price tag wasn’t too steep, either, Maccagnan emphasized, noting the Jets kept their 2019 first-rounder.

As for which of the top quarterback prospects the Jets might be targeting – UCLA’s Josh Rosen and Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield are considered the others – Maccagnan was mum.

Same with whether Penn State running back Saquon Barkley or North Carolina State defensive end Bradley Chubb, and everyone else in next month’s draft.

He did say the Jets spoke with Cleveland about the top spot, but not with their fellow owners of MetLife Stadium, the Giants, concerning the No. 2 position. While the Browns are widely expected to go for a quarterback Carl Banks Jersey , new Giants coach Pat Shurmur has thrown his support behind veteran Eli Manning. The Giants also could trade down, lifting a team with quarterback needs above the Jets.

Maccagnan isn’t losing sleep over that prospect, though he recognizes the need to find that franchise quarterback.

”Until you acquire that, you are constantly looking to find one,” he said. ”Our focus is to identify and acquire one of those; it may be someone on the roster, or elsewhere.”

Currently on the roster are four quarterbacks: journeyman Josh McCown, who comes off a strong year shortened by a broken left hand in December; Teddy Bridgewater, signed in free agency in his comeback from a severe knee injury in Minnesota; and 2017 backups Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. If you see a franchise quarterback in that group, please let Maccagnan know.

Maccagnan further explained the Jets’ withdrawal of a contract offer to Ndamukong Suh, the standout (and expensive) defensive tackle cut by Miami this month. Johnson said Sunday it had been rescinded.

”We extended an offer and there was a deadline and it passed,” Maccagnan said. ”We had to determine if we wanted to stay in or pull out and we pulled out.

”He’s a very good player. You watch on tape and he still has the ability to be dominant. We felt good about potentially having him on our roster. It was a one-year contract; we could potentially add him and evaluate it a year from now.”

Not committing to Suh helps keep the Jets far under the salary cap heading toward 2019. It’s conceivable they could have more money than any team next offseason, perhaps $100 million in space.

”It’s hard to predict,” Maccagnan said Chris Wormley Jersey , ”but in every free agency there are good values to be had.”

The Minnesota Vikings selected Central Florida cornerback Mike Hughes with the 30th pick in the first round on Thursday night, resisting temptation to pass up a premium position while counting on depth in the pool of offensive linemen to help them later in the draft.

Hughes played only one season for UCF, helping the Knights finish undefeated in 2017 with four interceptions, 11 pass breakups and four touchdown returns. He scored twice on kickoff returns, once off an interception and once on a punt return.

"I knew they were pretty excited about me. So once they got the chance to grab me, I'm not surprised," Hughes said. "I'm definitely blessed to be in this position.

Hughes became the third cornerback drafted in the first round by the Vikings in the last six years, with current starters Xavier Rhodes coming in 2013 and Trae Waynes coming in 2015. Terence Newman became a free agent and has not yet re-signed. Mackensie Alexander, their second-round pick in 2016, has yet to hold of the nickel role. So the 5-foot-10, 189-pound Hughes ought to have a place in coach Mike Zimmer's defense, with the ability to play outside or inside.

"We didn't do it to push Mackensie. We're just trying to get good football players in here and shake it out and whoever ends up playing plays," Zimmer said. "I'm not married to anybody Jarvis Jenkins Jersey , so we just go out and try to get the best players in the field. Quite honestly, in today's NFL with as much throwing as is going on, I could see four corners in a game at one time."

Returning kickoffs would be welcomed, too, where the Vikings have yet to find a productive replacement for Cordarrelle Patterson after his departure following the 2016 season. Punt returner Marcus Sherels, entering his ninth year in the NFL, dropped off a bit in 2017.

"This kid will help us in all phases of special teams, and then we're going to mature him into being a full-time player," Zimmer said. "I don't know how soon that will be, but he's got the traits that we're looking for."

Hughes started his college career in his home state with North Carolina, but he left the program after one year. He was involved in an altercation at a fraternity house on campus that led to a misdemeanor assault charge. He also told the NFL Network last week that there was a sexual assault allegation against him , a case that authorities dropped for insufficient evidence. After spending the 2016 season at a community college, Hughes transferred to UCF.

Hughes met with the Vikings at the scouting combine and on a draft prospect visit to team headquarters. What did he tell teams about his off-the-field issues?

"Just tell them what I've learned from it Kwon Alexander Jersey , how I've overcame all the things that happened," Hughes said.

Offensive tackles went ninth (Notre Dame's Mike McGlinchey) and 15th (UCLA's Kolton Miller) to San Francisco and Oakland. Division rival Detroit used the 20th pick on Arkansas center Frank Ragnow, a native of Chanhassen, Minnesota, who could play guard in the NFL. Cincinnati went with Ohio State center Billy Price at No. 21. New England took Georgia tackle Isaiah Wynn, who has been projected as a guard, with the 23rd selection.

Still, the Vikings had plenty of offensive linemen widely given first-round grades to choose from on Thursday night when their turn finally came more than three hours into the draft. The top prospects available included UTEP guard Will Hernandez, Iowa center James Daniels and Texas tackle Connor Williams, all three of which carry the potential to replace retired right guard Joe Berger in the starting lineup.

"Looking at the board there's still a lot of quality depth on the offensive line, but there's also a lot of quality depth throughout the rest of the draft," Spielman said. "So I'm excited for tomorrow. Potentially moving up or potentially moving down. We'll see how the board starts to fall in the beginning."

Authentic Womens Mark Andrews Jersey

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: theresatino
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 367 Gäste und 2 Mitglieder, gestern 356 Gäste und 8 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 6474 Themen und 41508 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
HFC66, laiyongcai92

Besucherrekord: 827 Benutzer (20.03.2012 22:15).

Besucht uns auch bei Facebook

Userfarben : Admin, Gäste, Foren Mitglieder, Moderatoren, FCD 2003 e.V.,
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor