Bilder hochladen
Werde Teil des ersten offiziellen Fanclubs
des MEC Halle 04

not scared at all by any

in Fanclub Dölbau 08.09.2018 04:08
von huangjian123 | 276 Beiträge | 2760 Punkte

Chicago right-handed pitcher Dylan Covey says he is healthy and ready to get back to work when the White Sox head to Texas to begin a three-game series on Friday against the Rangers at Globe Life Park in Arlington.

Covey (3-2 D.J. Hayden Jersey , 3.45 ERA) will pitch the series opener while Texas will counter with right-hander Yovani Gallardo (1-0, 12.08).

Covey has been the White Sox’s steadiest starter this season and was protecting a 5-2 lead in the fourth against Oakland, his former team, June 23 when he felt some soreness in his hip and groin areas while he was coming off the mound and was removed from the game.

“I don’t know exactly what it was,” Covey said. “We didn’t get any tests done but all the manual tests they did said my strength is good. Just probably like a cramp or something like that that was lingering a little bit. I was feeling it on the mound, so definitely thinking about it.”

Covey was sidelined from May 26-Aug. 15 last season with a strained left oblique. He’s been a pleasant surprise for the White Sox this year, having drastically cut down his home run rate.

“Everything felt great — unless something weird happens, I’ll be good to go Trent Murphy Jersey ,” Covey said of his bullpen session on Tuesday. “That’s the plan. It didn’t really hurt. It was kind of a precautionary thing, I think.”

Covey is 0-0 with a 20.25 ERA in two relief appearances against the Rangers.

Gallardo will make his fifth appearance and third start of the season on Friday. It will be his third start with the Rangers, with whom he’s allowed nine earned runs over 10 1/3 innings in his initial two starts.

Gallardo is slated to be working on extended five-days’ rest. He picked up the win in his last start, a 9-6 Rangers victory on Saturday in Minneapolis. Gallardo is 1-1 with a 4.79 ERA over four career starts versus the White Sox.

The White Sox had a delayed arrival into Texas after a 2-1 loss to Minnesota in 13 innings on Thursday.

Texas enjoyed an off day on Thursday after a 5-2 win over San Diego that gave the Rangers their fourth straight series win.

Texas got a sterling performance by left-hander Mike Minor, who retired the first 19 Padres’ batters before a single from Eric Hosmer with one out in the seventh. He retired 21 of the 22 batters he faced over seven innings.

The Rangers inked Minor to a three-year contract in the offseason. He was a starter with the Braves in 2010-14 before missing all of 2015-16 because of a torn labrum in his left shoulder and is starting to prove that the Rangers made the right move despite a slow start to the season.

I feel better, yeah,” Minor said after Wednesday’s game. “I feel a little bit more consistent with my delivery, repeating things. It’s more about what I think. I think I can do it.

“Early on Bryce Callahan Jersey , I still had the confidence. I just knew that I was a little bit off with my mechanics and everything, but I knew I had the stuff to get through a lineup three times, four times, whatever it is, and to go deep in ballgames.”

Texas is 9-3 over its past 12 games after losing six in a row.

Rangers outfielder Shin-Soo Choo was hit by a pitch in his first plate appearance during Wednesday win over the Padres, extending his on-base streak to 40 straight games.

That ties for the longest such streak in the Majors this season. Odubel Herrera of the Phillies reached base in 40 straight from March 30-May 19.

The Rangers dropped three of four games on May 17-20 on Chicago’s South Side in the first series between the two teams this season.

The San Francisco 49ers rewarded wide receiver Marquise Goodwin for his career-best season by giving him a three-year contract extension Thursday worth $20.3 million.

Goodwin was one of San Francisco’s best free-agent acquisitions last season when he signed a two-year deal, giving the team a needed deep threat down the field. His play led the 49ers to lock him up through the 2021 season with the new deal that will guarantee him $10 million, according to NFL Network.

After putting up little production in his first four seasons in Buffalo Russell Shepard Jersey , Goodwin is excited for the chance to remain in coach Kyle Shanahan’s system with Jimmy Garoppolo at quarterback.

”I definitely feel like this offense is good for me in a sense that it allows me to be a football player,” he said. ”It gives me the opportunity to be out there and make plays and that’s what you want in a scheme and a system. It’s not just me. Everybody gets to shine. That’s what’s good about this offense. It’s not a one-man wrecking crew. It’s not one guy making it happen. It’s a lot of guys making opportunities to make plays.”

The 27-year-old Goodwin set career highs last season with 56 catches for 962 yards and scored two touchdowns. The former Olympic long jumper had caught just 49 passes for 780 yards in four seasons with Buffalo.

He also won the team’s Len Eshmont Award for inspirational and courageous play and won the team’s Ed Block Courage Award given to the player that exemplified a commitment to sportsmanship and courage.

It was a trying season off the field for Goodwin, whose premature son died hours before he caught an 83-yard touchdown pass against the New York Giants on Nov. 12, and whose biological father died days before he had 10 catches for 114 yards against Tennessee on Dec. 17.

”From the minute Marquise joined our team, he has shown us everything we want to see in a 49er,” general manager John Lynch said. ”He leads by example with a tremendous work ethic, a trait that helped him expand his repertoire as a football player and post his most successful season as a pro last year. Marquise earned this extension by coming in every day focused on doing his job and, as a result Marcus Peters Jersey , he made himself and his teammates better.”

Goodwin really excelled after Garoppolo took over as quarterback last December. He had 29 catches for 384 yards and one touchdown in five games with Garoppolo as the starter, tying for fifth in the NFL in catches and ranking sixth in yards during those games.

Goodwin was also tracked with the fastest speed by a receiver on any catch last season according to Next Gen Stats through SportRadar, running 21.68 mph on a 55-yard catch from C.J. Beathard against Arizona on Nov. 5.

He narrowly missed out on a 1,000-yard season when he was knocked out of the season finale against the Rams with a concussion after a helmet-to-helmet hit by Blake Countess. Goodwin has had at least four concussions in his career.

”I was not scared at all by any means,” he said. ”I know the game I play. It’s tough, it’s physical. Things like that happen at some point. The people in the stands were more scared than I was based on how it looked and me being unconscious for a few seconds. I’m blessed for the opportunity to be healthy and go into 2018 with new opportunities.”

Womens Ito Smith Jersey ,

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: theresatino
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 373 Gäste und 2 Mitglieder, gestern 356 Gäste und 8 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 6474 Themen und 41508 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
HFC66, laiyongcai92

Besucherrekord: 827 Benutzer (20.03.2012 22:15).

Besucht uns auch bei Facebook

Userfarben : Admin, Gäste, Foren Mitglieder, Moderatoren, FCD 2003 e.V.,
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor