Bilder hochladen
Werde Teil des ersten offiziellen Fanclubs
des MEC Halle 04

n announcement on the coac

in Fanclub Dölbau 14.08.2018 10:05
von huangjian123 | 355 Beiträge | 3550 Punkte

Dwane Casey looks at the roster of the Detroit Pistons and sees a core of players capable of a lot more than the team accomplished last season.

”Our time is now Cheap Nick Chubb Jersey ,” Casey said.

The Pistons introduced Casey as their new coach Wednesday, over a week after hiring him to replace Stan Van Gundy. Casey inherits a team built around Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson, but the roster has little flexibility and the team gave up its first-round draft pick this year to acquire Griffin.

In other words, Detroit’s performance in 2018-19 may depend largely on what Casey can get out of a group that fell short under Van Gundy.

”I’m telling the guys now: We’re not developing, we’re not two or three years away,” Casey said. ”We want to win right now.”

Casey took the Detroit job after being fired by the Toronto Raptors. He’s a finalist for NBA coach of the year after leading the Raptors to a team-record 59 wins this past season, but he lost his job after Toronto was swept in the playoffs by Cleveland.

”I can hold my head high for what we built in Toronto,” Casey said. ”That’s part of the journey. This is a new chapter.”

The Pistons made the playoffs only once in four seasons under Van Gundy, who was also president of basketball operations. Detroit hired Casey to replace Van Gundy as coach, but it’s still unclear what the front office will look like going forward. Ed Stefanski was brought in as a senior executive reporting to owner Tom Gores. His job was to help with both the coaching search and the effort to reshape the team’s basketball operations.

”We’re going through a process here. We’re thinking about Tarik Cohen Jersey , do we want to go a GM route? Do we want to get some younger guys in there and I can mentor them kind of thing? It’s fluid,” Stefanski said. ”I’m going to be very influential in the front office.”

The Pistons went 39-43 last season. They got off to a promising start before Jackson, their point guard, went down with an injury in late December. About a month later, Detroit acquired Griffin in a blockbuster trade, giving up the first-round pick and taking on the star forward’s big contract. That wasn’t enough to push the team into the postseason, and it seems unlikely the Pistons will be able to make any major changes to their roster in the short term.

”I don’t see us making a huge deal right now,” Stefanski said.

If the personnel stays mostly the same, the Pistons will have to hope for better health – and Casey will have to look for areas for improvement. The Pistons were fifth in the league in 3-point percentage last season, but they were only 16th in attempts from beyond the arc.

”We have to get up more 3s. We’ve got to play more of an analytical game,” Casey said. ”Tom teases me all the time about being a modern man. No Derwin James Chargers Jersey , it’s about wanting to win, more than anything else, and you have to adapt.”

NOTES: Gores just finished his seventh season as owner. He was asked how long he is committed to the team. ”Forever,” he responded. ”This is not an equity deal.” … Stefanski talked a bit about Michigan coach John Beilein, who emerged as a candidate for the Pistons’ job but is remaining with the Wolverines . ”Coach Beilein is an offensive genius in my mind,” Stefanski said. ”I was mesmerized, because I’m a basketball guy, how good he is on the offensive end. … He has a pretty good job at Michigan with, what he’s telling me, a very good team coming back.”

Edmonton Oilers CEO and vice chair Bob Nicholson still has full confidence in general manager Peter Chiarelli.

The same can’t exactly be said for head coach Todd McLellan and his staff.

Nicholson addressed reporters in Edmonton on Thursday and stated that he believes Chiarelli, also president of hockey operations Byron Jones Jersey , is still the right guy to lead the Oilers’ front office and isn’t going anywhere – despite Edmonton missing the playoffs for the second time in three seasons under his guidance.

However, when asked about McLellan or his assistants returning for 2018-19, Nicholson would only say the organization still has some thinking to do heading into the offseason.

”We will have a plan coming out in the near future with how we are moving forward,” Nicholson said. ”I think we want to do an evaluation and make the decisions we think are right. We are going through the process with not just the coaches, but everyone within hockey operations and (Oilers Entertainment Group) staff.

”It’s all being evaluated.”

The Oilers entered the 2017-18 season with high expectations, but things quickly went downhill after they started 3-6-1 in October and chased the pack the rest of the way.

Despite another strong outing from superstar forward Connor McDavid – who earned his second straight league scoring title – the Oilers had a 25-point drop in the standings from the previous season, when they made the playoffs for the first time since 2006 with 105 points.

Edmonton finished 23rd this season with a 36-40-6 record. The Oilers were 25th in goals against, last on the power play and 25th on the penalty kill.

Nicholson plans to discuss coaches with Chiarelli, but says the GM will have the most input in any coaching changes.

”On the whole it was a challenge for our coaches this year,” Chiarelli told reporters in Edmonton on Wednesday. ”I think Todd is a very good coach, but we’re in a period of evaluation right now with him and his staff. Certainly we didn’t perform the way we expected.”

Nicholson hired Chiarelli in April 2015 after he was let go by the Boston Bruins. Chiarelli brought in McLellan only a month later to be Edmonton’s sixth coach since 2010. Despite regressing in numerous ways over the course of a season Dallas Goedert Youth Jersey , Nicholson is optimistic in Chiarelli’s vision.

”Yes we had a down year, but I really believe when I talk to Peter he has a plan to get us back in the playoffs next year,” Nicholson said. ”Our goal is to make the playoffs next year.”

Nicholson mentioned that he’s met with season ticket holders that are frustrated with the organization. He also says team owner Daryl Katz is: ”disappointed, angered and wants us to get it right.”

McLellan is 114-109-23 in three seasons with Edmonton.

Nicholson won’t hint at when an announcement on the coaching staff will be made.

”From my own personal side of it I’m not a person that’s going to rush it, we’ll announce it when we are ready,” Nicholson said. ”I’m not going to put a timeline on it.”

More NHL hockey: .

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: leveland
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 360 Gäste und 6 Mitglieder, gestern 532 Gäste und 5 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7129 Themen und 42215 Beiträge.

Heute waren 6 Mitglieder Online:
afranholtins, DretAelo, hongwei28, huangjian123, Israel, laiyongcai92

Besucherrekord: 827 Benutzer (20.03.2012 22:15).

Besucht uns auch bei Facebook

Userfarben : Admin, Gäste, Foren Mitglieder, Moderatoren, FCD 2003 e.V.,
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor