Bilder hochladen
Werde Teil des ersten offiziellen Fanclubs
des MEC Halle 04

TORONTO -- A dramatic weekend that featured a postponed race, plenty of rain and enough collisions to fill a junkyard was won by

in Spam 10.03.2018 04:14
von jokergreen0220 | 145 Beiträge | 1450 Punkte

TORONTO -- A dramatic weekend that featured a postponed race, plenty of rain and enough collisions to fill a junkyard was won by a pair of unassuming drivers who held their nerve as others cracked. Brandon Carlo Jersey . Sebastien Bourdais and Mike Conway entered the Honda Indy Toronto overlooked in favour of a championship duel and the return of a hometown driver. They shouldnt have been. Bourdais, who hadnt won a race in six years but previously conquered the 11-turn, 2.81-kilometre track at Exhibition Place in 2004, led all but seven laps in the morning race Sunday to win from pole. He was initially angered when he thought the Saturday race was cancelled by a slippery race track. The race was merely postponed, and Bourdais returned to his car Sunday waiting for his luck to run out. It never did. "Ive got a big smile across my face and I cant seem to get rid of it. Its just really cool," said Bourdais. "The whole race I couldnt stop thinking. I was very stressed out. It felt too easy, it felt like it was too much under control and it felt like it was way going to go wrong at some point. I dont know, it didnt. I was surprised about that because thats what happened all season long so far." Conway, who only competes on road and street courses but won at Long Beach in April, didnt have the pace of his rivals. That showed in the opening race with a 15th-place finish. But Conway saw something no one else did in the second race of the doubleheader. Rain fell once again and caused multiple collisions. Yet, unlike Saturday, the weather eventually showed some mercy and Conway spotted a drying track before almost anyone else. Usually a team tells a driver when to make a tire change. Conway told Ed Carpenter Racing, however, he was coming in on Lap 43 of the 80-minute race. "I knew I had to make a call at that moment because my wet tires were kind of going off and we were only going to go slower, and I knew the slicks would be for sure quicker," said Conway. "So yeah, worked out, worked out really well." The afternoon race had been a fight for the lead between Penske teammates and championship contenders Helio Castroneves and Will Power. But both went to the pits for new tires, allowing Conway and several others to the front of the pack for the first time. Conway took the lead on Lap 51, while Castroneves dropped off the pace. Conway benefited from yet another delay when another collision collected several cars and triggered a red flag. As he waited for the race to resume with less than five minutes remaining, Conway tried not to get too excited. "For sure I sat there in pitlane, I was like, could be another win in the cards," he said. "But I couldnt tell anyone that. For sure you think it but youve got to put it in the back of your mind." For Bourdais, the victory was vindication. The 35-year-old Frenchman finished over three seconds ahead of Castroneves, while Tony Kanaan finished third. Bourdais wont challenge for the IndyCar championship this year, he finished the afternoon race ninth, but the comfortable win was reminiscent of his four Champ Car titles between 2004 and 2007. Champ Car and Indy Racing League merged in 2008 to form IndyCar. Bourdais took a hiatus from open-wheel racing until his return in 2011, but hes yet to find himself in the title race. He didnt seem to care after winning his first race since November 2007 in Mexico City. "To be back on the top step in the way weve done it today, pretty much like the good old days. Its very special," said Bourdais. Last year Bourdais finished second and third, respectively, at Toronto. But his weekend was marred by an embarrassing moment when he accidentally dropped his second-place trophy and smashed it. This year Bourdais held onto his trophy with both hands. James Hinchcliffe never had a chance of winning -- or dropping -- a trophy. The Oakville, Ont., native was eighth in the opening race, matching his career best in Toronto through four years in IndyCar. But he slid into a tire barrier in the afternoon race and had to settle for 18th. It all amounted to more frustration for Hinchcliffe, the lone Canadian left in IndyCar. "Its one of those things, were sitting up here, talking, saying, what do we have to do to catch a break, here or anywhere this season ...," said Hinchcliffe. "The guys gave me a solid car, Im just sorry we couldnt turn it into a result." The biggest winner of the weekend who didnt take a checkered flag was Kanaan. The Brazilian finished third in the first race and second in the afternoon. Castroneves appeared to be set for a breakthrough when he finished second in the morning while Power was ninth. Castroneves entered the weekend nine points ahead of his Penske teammate, and he started the afternoon from the pole expecting to pad that advantage as the 39-year-old chases his first series title. But IndyCar leaves Toronto with the championship still up for grabs with four races remaining. Power, also hoping to win his first title, is just 13 points back after overtaking Castroneves en route to a second-place finish. Castroneves dropped off the pace and finished 12th. "I was very determined," said Power. "Starting on the front row together, so I thought Ive got to beat him otherwise this points lead is going to get too big. Ive got to finish ahead of him. Worked very hard on that." He still has work to do. Patrice Bergeron Jersey .Y. - Islanders forward Anders Lee has been fined $2,286 by the NHL for elbowing St. Jeremy Lauzon Jersey . They named Mark Washington as their defensive co-ordinator on Thursday and appear to be closing in on an offensive co-ordinator. . - After spending the morning in the hospital, Logan Couture gave the San Jose Sharks the spark they needed.PHILADELPHIA - Ellen DeGeneres used her monologue on Wednesdays show to speak right to the heart of Philadelphia 76ers fans.I want to be a glow where its gloomy, she said.Around the NBA, no city is gloomier these days than Philadelphia. Turns out, she said, the Sixers are having a bad season.And where did they get that name?I believe theyre named after the 76 gas stations, she said.Rim shot!And just like most of the 76ers shots at the rim, it was a clunker.She should have tried this one — I believe theyre named after the number of games theyll lose this season.Of course, the Sixers would have to roll into quite the hot streak to win six games this season, so perhaps that one-liner aims a bit high for the worst franchise in sports this side of the Oakland Raiders.The 76ers are the Hacky Sack of the NBA. Watch as Larry Brown kicks an insult to Eric Bledsoe who punts it to Fred Carter who may as well just let it drop to the court and let the other 29 NBA teams stomp and romp all over it.Yes, the 76ers were supposed to be bad — the only one smiling after this 0-11 start is team president and tank mastermind Sam Hinkie — but this bad?Using old school stats or modern analytics, the Sixers are the worst of the worst by any set of numbers.The 76ers are only seven defeats from tying the 2009-10 Nets for the worst start in NBA history.They have five more straight losses ahead to top the 1972-73 team for worst start (0-15) in Sixers history and are the No. 1 contenders to wrest away the crown from those Sixers (9-73) as the worst 82-game season team in NBA history.Keep going?The Sixers are 15 straight losses away from matching an NBA record of 26 straight in a season held by ... set by ... cmon, the answer is on the tip of your tongue ... Yes! The 2013-14 Philadelphia 76ers.The Sixers have done so much deep-hole drilling on second-year coach Brett Browns career record, hed need a Phil Jackson/Michael Jordan run to climb out and see .500 daylight.The 76ers did get a boost this week when they signed the No. 1 pick of the draft! The D-League draft. Robert Covington simply took a roster spot that once belonged to a former All Star. Malcolm Thomas, a D-League All Star.The 76ers have sold fans on the Together We Build slogan. But all theyve built is a D-League team at NBA prices.Around Philly, rebuilding has a different nickname: Tankadelphia.Larry Brown, the vaggabond coach who led the Sixers to the 2001 NBA finals, said the last two seasons have made me sick to my stomach. Phil Esposito Jersey. Can you imagine telling Allen Iverson that this is a rebuilding season so were going to be bad on purpose? he said last month.Bledsoe, the Phoenix Suns guard and former Kentucky standout, said Wednesday that the top-ranked Wildcats could defeat the 76ers.Thats certainly in doubt. But not Wednesdays result at the Wells Fargo Center: Boston Celtics 101, 76ers 90.We have to keep the locker room together, Brown said. We have to keep our guys believing that if they dont cheat days, if they really come in and invest in what were selling, then we believe we have a chance of finding some wins.But when?The Sixers play Friday against Bledsoe and the Suns, then hit the road Saturday against the 3-10 New York Knicks. Maybe the Knicks are the tonic for what ails the Sixers. It cant be worse than last week when the Sixers were thumped 100-75 against San Antonio and 123-70 against Dallas.Carter, who played on that 1972-73 Sixers team and would coach the team in the 1990s, said this years team is worse because of how open the franchise has been about the plan to hit bottom for a few seasons before potentially climbing back into contention with great draft picks.There was no intentional dumping. There was no plan to lose games to get better because people didnt think that way, Carter said. Dump a whole season like whats being done now? Its really sickening to the stomach to hear and see that.The 76ers hope a nucleus of Michael Carter-Williams, Joel Embiid, Nerlens Noel and Dario Saric can become winners in three or four seasons.In a column for Derek Jeters new sports website, The Players Tribune, Carter-Williams wrote that he escaped from the grind by watching The Ellen DeGeneres Show with his stepfather.DeGeneres read the column, thanked MCW for watching, and said, Im sorry youre having a tough season. She said everyone on the Ellen team was rooting for him — and brought out characters like Giggles the Clown, Nick the Gardener, and Dave the Stagehand.Somewhere, Hinkie had to wonder if he could sign them to 10-day contracts.Allen Iverson was figuratively castrated for saying, practice, practice, practice, Carter said. What the organization is doing is intentionally losing. Losing, losing, losing.You tell me which is worse? Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: sheppard
Heute waren 174 Gäste und 1 Mitglied online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4208 Themen und 39157 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :

Besucherrekord: 827 Benutzer (20.03.2012 22:15).

Besucht uns auch bei Facebook

Userfarben : Admin, Gäste, Foren Mitglieder, Moderatoren, FCD 2003 e.V.,
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor