Bilder hochladen
Werde Teil des ersten offiziellen Fanclubs
des MEC Halle 04

Charlie Montoyo was a 27-year-old infielder still trying to carve out a major

in Tippspiel 2017/2018 13.04.2019 03:31
von panxing18 | 251 Beiträge | 2560 Punkte

MONTREAL (AP) — league career the last time he stepped on the field at Montreal’s Olympic Stadium.Montoyo Alex Gordon Jersey , now the manager of the Toronto Blue Jays, returned to the city Monday as his team opened a two-game exhibition series against the Milwaukee Brewers.“I’m never going to forget having my first hit of two here,” Montoyo said. “That’s a memory that I’m always going to have. Hopefully they (show) the highlights before the game. They’d have to stop the game for five seconds.”Montoyo, who was drafted by the Brewers twice — in 1986 and 1987 — made his major league debut with the Montreal Expos in 1993, appearing in four games with a pair of hits and three RBIs. But that would be it for his big league playing career.Montoyo sat in a familiar spot in the Olympic Stadium dugout when addressing the media before Monday night’s game, a 10-5 win for the Brewers. It was the same spot he was sitting in when former manager Felipe Alou asked him to pinch-hit for his first major league appearance against the Colorado Rockies.“I got here late, like 7 o’clock or 7:10 or something. I said hello to Felipe and I put my uniform on and sat on the bench,” Montoyo recalled. “Until the seventh inning when he said, ‘If they bring the lefty you’re going to go pinch-hit.'”The Rockies brought in left-hander Gary Wayne and Montoyo stepped to the plate. He said there were no butterflies in his stomach when he hit the go-ahead single before closer John Wetteland preserved a 4-3 victory.“There were butterflies when I went to play defense because I hadn’t taken any groundballs or anything,” said Montoyo, who will make his regular-season debut as a major league manager Thursday at home against the Detroit Tigers. “But Wetteland was lights out, 1-2-3 and game over. I was the hero.”A number of one-time Expos, including Alou http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-ryan-goins-jersey , Larry Walker and Steve Rogers were on hand before the game to be commemorated for the team’s 50th anniversary.Montoyo’s two hits with the Expos weren’t part of the celebration, however.Travis Shaw hit a three-run homer and Yasmani Grandal had a two-run shot for Milwaukee. Mike Moustakas and Orlando Arcia each had two hits. HOUSTON — Houston Astros shortstop Carlos Correa, mired in an extended batting slump linked to debilitating back soreness, will not play this weekend against the Los Angeles Angels.Correa (.238, 14 home runs, 62 RBIs) missed 36 games after landing on the 10-day disabled list on June 26. Presumed healthy upon his return, Correa has struggled instead, posting a .174/.257/.223 slash line with only four extra-base hits in 140 plate appearances since being reinstated from the DL on Aug. 10.“I don’t like it by any means, but it’s just the reality for us,” Astros manager A.J. Hinch said of Correa and his lingering back woes. “I think for Carlos to be who he is and what he can do for us we’ve got to get him to feel better.Article continues below ...“I’m not concerned that it’s going to impact too much longer, but I don’t like that one of our best players isn’t feeling great.”That Correa, who slashed .315/.391/.550 with 24 homers and 84 RBIs in 109 games last season, initiated his slump well before going on the DL is another concern.Correa last had an OPS above .900 on May 14. Since then Mike Moustakas Jersey , he owns a .205/.286/.328 line in 280 plate appearances.“He’s a perfectionist by nature so I think performance-wise he always wants to be elite,” Hinch said. “From a comfort standpoint, he hasn’t looked comfortable. He’s been able to maintain that defensively, but it’s looked like he’s had a little bit of a governor on his swing when he’s been up to bat.“I haven’t seen him let it go really since the time he’s been off the DL.“Of course it weighs on him. He wants to be out there, he wants to be good, he wants to hit in the middle of the order, he wants to lead us to a division title and beyond. He’s frustrated.”Right-hander Justin Verlander (16-9, 2.67 ERA) will make what is tentatively scheduled to be his penultimate start of the season on Saturday for the Astros (96-57), who clinched a postseason berth with an 11-3 victory on Friday. With his next strikeout, Verlander will set a season career high of 270, eclipsing his previous best set in 2009.After a rough August, Verlander has rebounded in September, going 3-0 with a 1.71 ERA and 29 strikeouts in 21 innings and three starts. He is 4-1 with a 2.16 ERA in four starts against the Angels this season and 12-9 with a 3.12 ERA in 24 career starts against them.Right-hander Jaime Barria (10-9 Salvador Perez Jersey , 3.61 ERA) will make the 25th start of his rookie season and 12th on the road. He has an active streak of 15 scoreless innings away from Angel Stadium and has compiled a 2.53 ERA on the road. Barria is 1-1 with a 2.81 ERA in three starts against the Astros this season.About the only thing of interest that remains for the slumping Angels (75-79), who lost for the sixth time in eight games, is the pursuit by All-Star center fielder Mike Trout of a third American League Most Valuable Player award. Trout, the league MVP in 2014 and 2016 and runner-up in 2012, 2013 and 2015, clubbed his 37th home run in the series opener.Trout has homered in consecutive games and four times in the last five games to move to within four homers of his career high of 41 set in 2015. He finished 1-for-4 with two RBIs after entering the weekend leading the majors in on-base percentage (.463), slugging (.629), OPS (1.092), and adjusted OPS (199).“Nah, I don’t even pay attention to it,’ Trout said of the MVP chase. “I’m just trying to finish strong and don’t give up any at-bats because they’re running out.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: inearzrb
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 94 Gäste und 1 Mitglied, gestern 373 Gäste und 6 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9652 Themen und 44847 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
newgoldengoose

Besucherrekord: 827 Benutzer (20.03.2012 22:15).

Besucht uns auch bei Facebook

Userfarben : Admin, Gäste, Foren Mitglieder, Moderatoren, FCD 2003 e.V.,
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de